MODAPTS® Results & Benefits
The MODAPTS® work measurement is compatible with other work management and productivity tools such as Lean Manufacturing, JIT (Just In Time) System and Six Sigma. MODAPTS® is a base analysis tool, producing time- and movement-based studies that can be applied to any additional work study.
Benefits of MODAPTS® include:
- Easy to use and quick application for
- Contract bidding
- Direct labor cost estimating
- Quality control
- Safety analysis
- Establishing productivity standards for work stations and manufacturing processes
- Work study management
- Rapid derivation of objective standards
- Increased utilization of work management personnel
- Work task analysis regarding people and their capacities
- Accuracy and consistency in costing (+/-5% at the 95% confidence level of the true mean)
- Improved communication and productivity, promoting closer teamwork
- Quick determination of rates and plant/department capacity
- Data and analysis for human systems integration
- Building stronger working relationships by defining job tasks and expectations
- Using the ergonomic factors built into the MODAPTS® system to identify physically stressful work so that it can be reduced or eliminated—helping to reduce work-related injuries and cumulative trauma
Why Does MODAPTS® Work?
Simplicity and accuracy. Because MODAPTS® is easy to explain and employs a small number of values, interested parties can review standards quickly and easily, and the possibility of controversy is greatly reduced. MODAPTS® analyses motion patterns and subjective operator ratings, and its MOD-based system is accurate and easy to interpret.